On-air weekdays from 10a to 3p, and whenever else the bossman tells me to ;)
Call the CTQ studio at 888.329.1065 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
No one ever believes me when I tell them I'm a real live Florida native. Yep, some of us aren't snowbirds!
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to cook! My family is Cuban and Sicilian, so Latin and Italian foods are some of my favorites, but I love to try new recipes and dishes as often as I can... Got a recipe you think I should try? Send it to me!
Some of my other interests are baseball (Go Rays!), wine, eating (hey, it goes with the cooking!), music, travel, and Boston, my cat. I also LOVE zombie shows--The Walking Dead on AMC is one of my favorites, and I'm also into Breaking Bad, The Food Network, HGTV and The Travel Channel.
The most important moment of the BCS Championship game last night was ZBB singing the National Anthem before kickoff. Yep, I watched that, and then changed the channel.
Here's a video of their performance. BONUS: See what Zac Brown looks like sans hat! Woah!
I'm sure it's not a big shocker to you that Facebook is effecting relationships all over the place. But you might be surprised to learn just HOW MANY ways Facebook is getting in the way of having healthy, drama-free relationships.
Pay close attention to #9!
1) Your relatioship status. Here’s an immediate source of controversy contributing to the difficulty of early dating. Ever been here? You like a girl, she likes you. You date, you spend some time together, everything’s going well and splendid. Then, oh no, she asks. "Are we like… facebook relationship status ‘together?" The Facebook relationship status is like the class ring of the 21st century. If you want people to know you're exclusive, give in to her request. If you'd rather avoid this altogether, delete the 'relationship status' from your profile completely
2) Unfortunate old photos. If you've ever done anything embarrassing, there's a good chance one of your friends snapped a picture to document that moment for posterity. Do yourself a favor and delete anything like this from your profile before you "friend" a person you might want to date.
3) Tagging her offensively. My girlfriends and I abide by the Internet Code: never post/tag each other in a photo if that photo is even remotely unflatering. Even a photo that you think is fine might be unacceptable to her, so ask before posting.
4) Lack of online affection. Many girls eagerly await the day their newest flame will find the chance to post some witty comment to their profile. When you don’t, they think you’re either too lazy to care or trying to hide them from your internet friends. If you aren't the type of guy to do that sort of thing, just tell her it's because you find online interactions too impersonal ... and hope your excuse works.
5) Ex's invade. Both of your personal history is written all over this forum. Your best bet is to delete old relationship material before you start seeing someone new. It's better for the story to come from you personally than for your partner to have to find it on Facebook.
6) Jealousy. Are you a guy with a lot of attractive female friends? Be prepared for porential dates to assume there's more to the "just friends" story. On the one hand, be grateful that the girl you're seeing wants to be the only lady in your life, but hardcore jealousy is a relationship ruiner.
7) Becoming a fan of the wrong page. Are you super conservative, and your BF/GF is a staunch Democrat? Uhoh. What groups you join, what pages you favorite, what you virtually promote – all of this goes into the boiler of her brain when summing you up. So, be sure to be choosy about what invitations and page suggestions you accept. Ideally, you and your partner will share similar interests, but if you don't, be sure not to let those differences turn into fights.
8) Discovering each other's inboxes. A good rule of thumb: ALWAYS LOG OUT. Even if you or your partner aren't trying to snoop, sometimes we see things that aren't meant for us, and those things--when taken out of context--can cause problems.
9) Time stealer. Step away from the computer! Put the smartphone down! Your additction to the internet (or hers) will kill your relationship! If you feel you might be spending too much time on Facebook, set a time limit (literally, set a timer if you have to) and don't go over it. If you'd rather be on Facebook than with your man or woman, there's a problem.
10) A picture is worth a thousand words. Whoever finds their way into your profile pic must be--especially in a woman's mind--pretty important. So, even if your pal took a hilarious photo of you at a bar with three Budweiser beer girls, or of you and your best girl friend doing something hilarious together, avoid at all costs advertising this as a profile pic. To her, this means she’s not good enough to be your favorite. Choose wisely.
Terfel, an 8-year-old dog, has slowly gone blind due to the development of cataracts on both of his eyes. Since going blind, he had spent a lot of time in his bed, and was very visibly depressed. That's when help arrived in the form of another furry friend. One night, a stray cat aproach Terfel, and slowly led him out of his dog bed and into the back yard. The two became friends and are now inseparable! The stray kitty has become a new permanent fixture in Terfel's life, and uses her paws to lead him around and keep him from bumping into things. They even sleep together. How sweet!
Taylor talks about the process of writing a song. Check it out!
OMG! A family was playing in a park when an eagle swooped down and tried to snatch their baby! The craziest part is, it was caught on tape! Thanks, amateur cameraman, for giving me a new thing to worry about!
Reba is fabulous and I love her. Here she is last week with Craig Ferguson. Watch it.
A TV journalist in Illinois conjured up a pretty awesome and memorable proposal story this week. Mark Rivera of WAND-TV set up a live interview with his girlfriend of 3 years, Alissa Groeninger, under the pretense that he wanted to talk to her about her work at the Illinois State Journal-Register, but when the intervew started, well...see for yourself.
I am so far beyond in love with this song, it's not even funny.
TBP premeired the new video for "Better Dig Two" this morning. Check it!